Foreign-qualified persons holding qualifications acceptable for registration as either a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Support Personnel, may submit an application to be recognised and registered as such by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC). In order to practise Pharmacy in South Africa, registration with the SAPC in a relevant category is legally mandatory; as such, persons who practise without such registration are committing a criminal offence and may be criminally prosecuted.
2020 Application Forms for foreign-qualified persons (South Africans and non-South Africans)
2020 Examination Application Forms
Further information on the application process and the practice of pharmacy in South Africa is available in the 2020 SAPC Foreign Graduate Registration Guidelines Brochure.
Supporting documents to be submitted with the application form
- Application form/platform approved by Council and proof of payment of the prescribed fee;
- Certified copy of the Identity Document/Passport;
- Original SAQA evaluation certificate;
- Original letter of confirmation from the institution or examining body where the above qualification was obtained stating that the applicant was enrolled as a student and qualified at that institution;
- Certified copy of the qualification or a combination of qualifications in pharmacy that will permit registration as a pharmacist in the country of origin, i.e. Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent;
- A stamped copy from the university containing information regarding syllabus and curriculum of the qualification, including credits;
- Original International English Language Testing System Certificate (IELTS) overall band score 6, except for South African citizens who obtained their secondary education in SA (certified copy of the National Senior Certificate or equivalent is required);
- Certified copy of proof of registration as a pharmacist with the regulatory body or proof that the qualification obtained allows for registration as a pharmacist in the country where qualification was obtained. Only a certified copy of the qualification is required for South African citizens;
- Original letter of Good Standing from the regulatory body or the institution where qualification was obtained;
- Proof of practical training or internship from the regulatory body (if completed);
- Letter of support from Department of Health Foreign Workforce Management Programme (FWMP) only in the event of a person requiring a work permit; and
- Clearance certificate from SAPS.
Duly completed application forms along with all the required supporting documentation must be submitted to the South African Pharmacy Council via email on email@example.com OR by hand-delivery to 591 Belvedere Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083 OR by post at Private Bag X 40040, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.